All set to holiday in an exotic beach resort? For the big trip you need to decide what to put in your bag. Some careful planning is needed while preparing for a beach vacation. The climate in your holiday destination may be entirely different from your native place, and then there are space issues to be taken into account. Here are some tips for the ultimate beach vacation, which will keep you pampered and polished.
1. Summer is here after a long winter break. During winter your skin is not that much exposed to sunlight. To look at least the beach bunny part you need a natural-looking self-tanner. There are tanners available for face and body. Pack it in your beauty kit.
2. Plan your skincare before you hit the beach. Sunscreen with 50+ SPF is a must. Most sunscreens will give you greasy skin so look for formulas that are “dry touch” that won’t stick to the sand.
3. You should not just carry a sunscreen but should also know where to apply it. Apply it on the lips and under the eyes.
4. When dealing with sun, seawater and sand the less makeup the better. Select a couple of lasting waterproof items if you’re hesitant to go barefaced. Waterproof mascara is easily available. They will give your lashes a boost without looking too made-up.
5. Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is the key while on a beach vacation. Look for multitasking products for hair and skin to save packing space.
6. When on the go always carry portable wipes. For night-time facial cleansing they’ll pull dual job. They also come in handy for quick cleanups on buses, planes and automobiles.
7. Carry some face masks in your handbag. Just because you are hitting the beach doesn’t mean you must ignore your beauty regime. They will give you an instant glow before a night out. There are de-puffing masks, eye-specific masks, and even those with oxygen-boosters and radiance-enhancing vitamin C. So make your pick.
8. To accentuate your tan, bring along makeup. Carry bronzers and highlighters for a beach goddess’s look.
9. With the basics you can never go wrong. Always carry warm shades, especially for your lips.
10. Normally, beach destinations will be humid, so steer clear of foundation meltdown. For a mattifying effect apply an anti-shine serum. Smooth over areas that are oil-prone and the T-zone. Then apply a concealer.