Kenroku-en in Kanazawa, Koraku-en in Okayama and Kairaku-en in Mito are the Three Great Gardens of Japan (nihon tien). These are the three most famous gardens in Japan. The gardens symbolize the setsugekka which means snow, moon and flowers. These gardens are traditional gardens built for the purpose of expressing and symbolizing native rituals and beliefs and moulding8 landscapes to an idealized form. The gardens were created for the relaxation and recreation of the upper class. Nowadays due to the modernization the concept of the gardens has changed and it is appreciated as an art by all people. The basic idea of the gardens have its roots in China as the concept was established by missionaries from Asian mainland. It was after that the Japanese Imperial court modified the ideas to suit their own style. Emperors and nobles were the first to establish Japanese gardens.
Kenroku-en is Japan located in Kanazawa in the Ishiwaka prefecture. Maeda Tsunanori in the year 1676 began the work of its construction and it was developed over a period of two centuries. The garden is well known for its mixture of conflicting elements of spaciousness and seclusion. The garden is constructed on the basis of the theme unbroken space, so that it allows a person to see a good portion of the garden from anywhere on the grounds. The person who enjoys solitude can also find many nooks in the garden. Kaiseki pagoda is one of the popular attraction on the island in the centre of Hisago-ike pond. Kanazawa catle park has got free admission for the people but Kenroku-en garden charges three hundred yen for three adults which is equivalent to three US dollars. One can reach the garden in ten mins from the Kanazawa station by taxi.
Kairaku-en is located in Mito in the Ibaraki prefecture. The lord of Mito clan Tokugawa Nariaki ruled the region at that time and constructed the park in 1842. He constructed this garden with the thought of sharing its flowers with the royals. Tokugawa Leyasu, a descendent of the Shogun made this garden public in 1841. The best time to visit Kairaku-en is during plum blossom season as it is renowned for its plum trees. During this time one can see over hundred varieties of plum trees each with its own different shade of red, pink and white. The park also has the reputed Kobuntei, a place where all the intellectuals were entertained from all over the country. This garden has free admission but to enter Kobuntei one has to pay hundred and ninety yen which is equivalent to two US dollars. The garden can be reached in twenty mins by bus from Mito station.
Koraku-en the last one of the three great gardens of Japan is located in Okayama in Okayama prefecture. The feudal lord of Okayama Ikeda Tsunamasa constructed this garden in 1700. This was built as a place for entertaining significant guests and also as a retreat for feudal lords. The place is known for its colours all year round. One can see plum and cherry blossoming in spring, in summer irises and lotuses, in fall maple trees fiery red leaves and place of white in winter. They charge four hundred yen for adults which is equivalent to 4 US dollars and hundred and forty yen for children which is about 1.40 US dollars. The garden can be reached in ten minutes by taxi from JR Okayama station.
Asia is not only a continent with some of the most beautiful places in the world, but also very pocket friendly. If you and your significant other are looking for a honeymoon holiday to relax and spend time within a budget without compromising on the quality then Asia is your best option. Here are some of the locations in Asia that we recommend.
- Indonesia-Bali: If you are looking for an exotic getaway with beautiful beaches, ancient temples and lush green forests then Bali is your place. Bali offers you beaches to relax in, clear blue waters to scuba dive or swim in, wonderful forests and volcanic mountains to trek in, ancient temples to explore in and serene locations to kick back and relax with your spouse.
- Thailand: if you want to enjoy blue waters, white sand during the day and enjoy partying in nightclubs at night then Thailand is where you must head with your newly-wed. While you can enjoy the warm beautiful beaches, relaxing spa treatments, or exciting adventure sports during the day, you can kick back with tasty locally brewed beer in bars and night clubs by night. And if you want a mix of relaxation and partying, then Thailand will not disappoint you.
- Srilanka: Srilanka is a beautiful honeymoon destination which offers you beaches, dense forests, safaris in national parks and exotic food. It is one of those beautiful places in the world where you and your spouse can take long lazy walks on the beaches during sunset, go to elephant orphanages and beautiful national parks to make your honeymoon memorable.
- Malaysia: Beautiful beaches, exotic spas, beautiful mangrove forests, treks into rainforests, adventure sports, night markets for endless shopping and exotic food is what Malaysia has to offer honeymooning couples to make their honeymoon an experience of a lifetime.
- Japan: Regal palaces, beautiful landscapes, high rise cities, scenic mountains, serene parks, monasteries and holy places with shrines, delicious food and shopping centres constitute Japan. If you and your significant other want to spend a memorable honeymoon on an elegant island then Japan is where you should head to.
- Maldives: Crystal blue waters and endless beaches are what Maldives offers to newly-weds. If you are looking forward to lazing on a hammock, swimming on private beaches, deep dive and explore the oceans then head to Maldives for your honeymoon with your newly-wed.
- Turkey: This nation is a beautiful blend of culture and an ideal place to explore with your spouse. Long relaxing spas, steam baths, hot air balloon rides, amazing cuisine and beautiful landscapes of caves and hills makes turkey a good retreat for you and your partner.
- Hong Kong: This beautiful place is a made up of a couple of islands with only a few miles of ocean between them. If you are looking for a place with a vibrant lifestyle, delicious street food, massive shopping centres, huge aquariums full of exotic marine life, serene park and adventures sports then Hong Kong is your honeymoon destination.
Before deciding on a honeymoon destination, research well on the prices and the best months to visit to make the most out of your honeymoon trip.
Tropical climate with sunny days and cool evenings with a constant flow of sea breeze, Philippines is a beautiful destination to live in Asia. Although ever inch of Philippines is full of culture and beauty, here are the top 5 cities we think are the coolest towns in this island country.
1. Tagaytay: Just over an hour away from Manila, Tagaytay is one of the best places to live in Philippines. Tagaytay hosts everything that the metro city of Manila has to offer, such as good transport system, shopping places and grocery stores and good restaurants without same level of traffic and congestion. Since it at a slightly higher elevation, Tagaytay has cooler and a more pleasant climate with cool flowing breeze along with its close proximity to beautiful beaches. The town also hosts an excellent view of the world’s smallest active volcano, the Taal volcano.
2. Baguio: Baguio is located at an elevation which keeps this town at comparatively lower temperatures than rest of the Philippines all year round. Located at the base of the Cordillera Mountains the town enjoys a very pleasant climate. This town is one of the fastest growing educational and economical hubs in Philippines and boasts several resorts, shopping malls, cinema houses, theatres, restaurants and picnic spots along with miniature golf courses, clubs, holiday cabins and nature trails making Baguio one of the coolest towns in Philippines.
3. Sagada: One of the most beautiful towns to live in Philippines is Sagada. Being at an altitude of approximately 5000 ft above sea level, Sagada boasts cool temperatures to an extent that the waters are teeth shattering cold and the weather become winter like after sun down. The town is famous for the variety of fruits that is grown there including lemons, good transport systems,delicious local cuisine and shopping centres.
4. Canlaon City: This beautiful place in the Philippines hosts numerous waterfalls, hot springs and lush green landscapes which makes Canlaon city one of the coolest places in Philippines. It is also fondly called as the summer capital and has beautiful agricultural estates, old trees, vintage houses and exotic wildlife which make it all the more beautiful.
5. Subic Bay: This place in the Philippines can be described as a quiet, calm and an extremely safe town. It has an excellent transport system and has a lower cost of living than other larger towns. Beautiful houses, excellent medical and transport facilities, grocery stores and shopping centres make Subic Bay a cool place to live.
Havelock Island is the largest of the islands which has a chain of islands named Ritchie’s Archipelago. The island consists of people who are Bengalis and many of these Bengalis have Bangladeshi origin. The government has made steps to develop the eco-friendly tourism on Havelock for a while now. It is the most visited islands but unfortunately it gets only a fraction of spectators that crowd the other islands. The time runs slow, the people are amicable and the basic necessities are moderately developed for the most part. Best time to visit any place is when it has the best weather and Havelock Island has it best during the months of mid-January until mid-May.
It is one of the best white sand beaches that anyone can visit. It provides stunning view of nature, set in the beautiful backdrop of sparkling waters. It is a paradise for any nature lover as it is serene and in the midst of nature. It is impossible to resist a dip after catching a glimpse of the sparkling water.
As the place has its charm, it has its part of adventure too,through providing some adventurous water sports activities such as deep see diving and snorkelling.
The size of this beach has gotten reduced due to the after effects of Tsunami that occurred in 2004. In spite of that, Elephant beach is nevertheless a stunning place to visit and is famous for its corals. It is good place for adventurers as this beach has number of diving and snorkelling centres. One can also enjoy this place with books and some delicious food and drinks. This place is ideal for people who are in search for solitude and peace.
Kalapathar beach might be question of visit for some people as it is far away from the town but for people who wants to be alone or go alone with friends this is a good choice. One can make their own food and enjoy the day with nice music and drinks. As it the name suggests, black coloured rocks line the coastline here. Forest is found on one side of the road and once crossing, it has the amazing view of the heavenly and silvery beach. One might get immersed by the sheer solitude of the calm and relaxing environment. This is an ideal place for travellers to write some great travel stories.
Benny and Linda, a couple run this cottage resort who also own an expensive resort called wild orchid. But this place is very affordable and is best place to stay. Visitors spend most of the time in beach and come back to the resort only for sleep and this place provides them with soulful food and makes them feel at home. Any budget traveller would love to stay in this place as it is very well kept and provides great comfort and warmth.