If you are going on a foreign tour you need a passport, which is a proof of your identity and nationality. This travel document is issued by a particular government, and is a compulsory document for you to travel to countries other than your own. Hence, the issuing authorities have a responsibility to confirm your identity before issuing the passport. The more documents you have the better.
Now, you can apply for a fresh passport online. You can apply under Tatkaal scheme if you need the passport on an urgent basis. Before you avail of the passport services online, we give you a passport checklist to make the process a bit easier.
1) While applying for a passport online, you need to create an account in Passport Seva Website
2) Select the passport office of the city you’re living in now, not your native place.
3) The given email ID should be legitimate, as the link to activate your account and other status emails will be sent to this email address.
4) Once you register you will get an email to activate your account, then you can start the registration process.
5) You will see many options like “Fresh passport”or “Tatkal passport”. Click on your choice.
6) Then start filling your personal information. You can use the form online and fill it right away or you can download the PDF form and fill it offline.
7) When you are done with filling all the information, read the Self Declaration and click on I Agree. Then click on Validate and Save.
8) Make the payment after checking the available dates for appointment.
9) Then take a print out of the receipt of the application.
10) The next step is to visit the Passport Kendra on the given appointment date.
11) You will have to submit certain documents at the Passport Kendra, and the source of these documents is significant. You need documents/ certificates that are issued by various government ministries, offices, departments, etc. The documents should be as new as possible, particularly your address proof.
12) Also, you need to submit a self-attested photocopy of these documents.
13) Your name given in the application form as well as the documents should be the same. For instance, if you have filled your name in the application as Gaganpreet Singh, and your documents have Gagandeep Singh, it will not be accepted.
14) If you have all the required documents, your job at the Passport Kendra will be over in a matter of hours and your passport will be send to your given address after police verification.
If you are a first time passport applicant and a bit confused about the entire filling process, get help at Emperor Traveline. The travel agents in Coimbatore undertake passport services in online. You can avail of their service and be tension-free.